Sunday, May 23, 2010

King Bee

Look at them. I swear, King Bee could be Jollibee's ultimate copycat. In fact, King Bee could pass off as the Chinese version of Jollibee whereas Jollibee himself is just a copycat of Ronald McDonald. Come to think of it, Jollibee doesn't look Filipino at all, what with his red tuxedo and pale complexion.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I discovered King Bee through my friend RJay, who I am convinced is out to stuff me with food and make me fat. Unlike Jollibee, King Bee serves authentic Chinese cuisine. Known for its branches at the outskirts of Manila like those in Cavite and Antipolo, King Bee ventured to put up another branch at E. Rodriguez right in front of the Church of Christ the King. It's a very good location, being the midpoint between where me and the rest of my friends live.

We went here last week to avail the 40% discount on all dimsum items, a promo which can be availed of only from 8:00 p.m. onwards. It was so sulit because the food was great and the service was excellent. Although I am reluctant to post another food entry, I can't help but talk about King Bee because of its association with Jollibee in my head. Besides, what can I do? I will only be a bum for a dwindling two weeks and so far, all I have been doing is lamon to the max.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

Jing Ocay said...

ay kat!i love the dress.colorful dai!sana may king bee din sa elbi.

Katrina Magallanes said...

haha. thanks ate! summer dresses ang thing ko ngayon. ang init eh.

kain kayo dun ni kuya once bumisita ka dito. :)

Lance said...

Is that noodles on his face?

Katrina Magallanes said...

hey lance. i think it's his mustache. funny how white it is while the rest of his hair (bees don't have hair right?) is black. i guess King Bee has a thing for hair color! hahahaha