Monday, May 10, 2010

I Voted, Have You?

In all fairness, I'm quite satisfied with how the elections started in my hometown this morning. I was the thirteenth voter in the precinct and although the elementary school teachers still needed lessons on proper queuing, I was glad to see the PCOS machine read my ballot and tell me that my vote was successful.

I'm not sure if it will count the votes right this time, but I'm optimistic. There hasn't been any power outages since Saturday. The townsfolk have been patiently waiting for their turn and I'm happy to see teenagers, kids younger than me, excited to participate in the elections and indirectly shape the future of our country.

There's nothing like fresh idealism to perk up my morning. :)


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The infamous PCOS machine itself

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Voters searching for their names and numbers.

1 comment:

Lance said...

Ako number 117. Dugay lang ang pila, but once the vote is cast, okay na. :D