Thursday, April 29, 2010

Circles and Squares

Why am I so excited at teaching high school kids? I surprised myself this morning when I woke up and the first thing that entered my mind was geometry. Yes folks, circles, squares and the good old Pythagorean Theorem. I don't know how many questions will be allotted for geometry this year but I decided to teach this subtopic together with data analysis and basic statistics for this Saturday's Math class.

The idea of me standing next to a chalk board is a bit nerve-wracking. Not because I'm scared of a bunch of teenagers but because it would be weird being on the front end of the classroom as the teacher and not the student.

Age insecurities aside, I do like the idea of gathering UP Diliman graduates to help out kids who can't afford to enroll themselves on formal review centers in order to pass the UPCAT. Even though I don't believe a review is an absolute necessity for this objective, I subscribe to the idea of teaching willing kids in order to help them get into a good college.

I'm not exactly sure how the Camarin parish has gathered the students who will be taught but since it's my class and it's supposedly free for all, I would like to invite anyone interested for a Free UPCAT Review at Our Lady of Lourdes Parish, Camarin Caloocan this Satuday (May 1) afternoon from 1 to 4pm. The subject would be Mathematics.

If you have attended my friend Jill's class two weeks ago then I would presume you already received your advance homework. I emailed the questions last Monday so I'm expecting your solutions in class.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

Lance said...

Lessons from the Oblation Scholar herself! Good job, Kat.

Math Reviewer said...

Hi!

If you need UPCAT Reviewers go to:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/29657840/Upcat-Reviewer-Practice-Test-1

You can also search “UPCAT Reviewer” at http://www.scribd.com and download
UPCAT Reviewer Practice Test 1 to 5.